Running Tips for Peak Performance
Welcome to Running Training Tips, a free online library of running tips for peak performance – everything you need to know for your running training program.
If you are looking for running training advice to improve your endurance, to train more efficiently, and to race faster, you are at the right running website.
Here you can learn about the most important aspects of running: training techniques, conditioning, racing tactics and strategies, improving your health, avoiding over training, and controlling your weight.
You'll find advice about nutrition for better running, running training schedules, dealing with sports medicine injuries. A section on running health and safety will also be very useful to you.
All of the information found here is based on experience and extensive research from exercise science journals. It's not necessarily what the popular media espouses! The information I’m passing on to you is up-to-date, scientifically proven in the lab, and more importantly, proven on the track, road or cross-country.
The running advice on this website applies to all distance events: from 5K to the 26.2-mile marathon, and everything in between.
Whether you are a beginning or experienced runner, an elite distance runner, or a jogger running a few miles each day for health and fitness - you can use the information here. The training distances and intensity will vary from runner to runner, but the training principles stay the same.
I add new running tips and information every week, so please drop by often to keep up with new developments and news in distance running training.
- Running Training Tips Blog
- The Running Training Tips Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the running-training-tips.com web site. Subscribe here.
- Marathon Running Training Advice
- Marathon running requires a series of progressive phases to adequately train for, race and recover from the event. Here's advice to help put together your marathon training program.
- Half Marathon Running
- Half marathon running is a popular event that demands half marathon training schedules specific to this event.
- Hill Training: Why You Should Run to the Top
- Learn about the benefits of hill training - why something that feels so bad is so good for you and your race performance.
- Strength Training for Runners
- Strength training for runners is a way to improve your running performance. Read about what the research says about how it can help you.
- Cross Training for Runners
- Cross training may be what you need to take your running to a higher level. Use cross-training to kick start your running training, improve running performance or prevent running injuries.
- Treadmill Training for Runners
- Learn about treadmill training for runners, advantages and disadvantages and how to use it in your running training program.
- Most Common Running Injuries
- Most common running injuries and what to do about them - symptoms, causes, treatment and more.
- Sports Nutrition for Runners
- Sports nutrition for runners is often overlooked or under-rated, but it can make or break your performance. Here are some of the most important sports nutrition topics that runners need to consider.
- Running to Lose Weight - is Running the Perfect Activity?
- Many people are running to lose weight and it's commonly believed to be effective. But just how much running does it take to lose weight? And are there better ways? Find out here ....
- Roy Stevenson: Running and Exercise Science Background
- Here's some background about Roy Stevenson, author of the www.running-training-tips.com website.
- Speed Training Techniques to Improve Your Running Performance
- Here are five speed training techniques to incorporate into your running training program to help you improve your race performance.
- Stretching for Runners: Does it Improve Performance and Reduce Injury?
- Does stretching improve running performance and reduce injuries? Here are summaries and conclusions from over 20 different research papers.